The Cost Of Car

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
landells
landells
680 posts

Re: The Cost Of Car
Feb 26, 2002, 12:46
Perhaps I’m being toooooo cynical but I don’t believe this is an attempt to ease congestion and pollution. The government know that a hell of a lot of people have no desire to use anything other than their own transport, and therefore know that a taxation on road usage will significantly swell the coffers. If it was a serious attempt then the government should have unveiled a radical and forward-thinking transport policy, then presented the negative flipside of increased road costs. Public transport in the UK is diabolical and unless drastic and major changes are made by 2010 people will have no option other than the expensive road system. I agree that action must be taken to reduce congestion and pollution but pricing people out of using their own car is not a responsible option. People must want to change rather than be forced to change. Present people with a transport system that is cheaper, less stressful, and as quick (or almost) as their own car, and one that is very very reliable and people will change their “Car is God!” attitude…maybe.

This new satellite system will also mean the government will know exactly where you’ve been in you car
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index