U-Know! Forum »
older mums - just say no!

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: older mums - just say no!
Nov 01, 2006, 12:44
Yes, I am a mother too, and it feels like the most natural thing ever because guess what - it is.
It's good that women now have a choice not to be stoned to death for not having children or for having too many (applies only to MOST of the world, I know). I am always glad to hear that women make conscious decisions not to be mums and stick to it when they do (I don't think men ever make a conscious decision to be dads, but as in my case anyway, turn out to love what they do). There are too many bastardparents out there and it's heartbreaking to see.
But I don't understand all this whingeing about paying for other folk's kids. There are always others who partake in something that we don't but have to pay for, and that is what our taxes are for. You'd have to completely exclude yourself from society if you didn't want to be a 'burden' to anyone else.
As for political correctness, who will ever flat out force Africa to curb the never ending trend in babies dying of starvation before they reach six months by using bloody condoms full stop for a year or two, until things reach a better state than they're in right now? How many resources do babes who have no chance of survival take up? That makes sense, right? Or is it just us opulent, educated Westerners who should think about that one, as we find them too ignorant to take it on board?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index