U-Know! Forum »
older mums - just say no!

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: older mums - just say no!
Oct 24, 2006, 19:29
Hi. It was more of a personal rant than anything else. But there are practicalities. Of course I loved my parents, and my dad did manage to see my daughter up until she was 5 months.
But, I am 33, my dad died two years ago aged 84, my mum was 44 when I was born. My eldest brother is 59. That's one hell of an age gap! I know your average 70 year old has changed over the years (the likes of Wullie Nelson wouldn't have existed even twenty years ago), but if you don't want kids and stick to your instincts, I think that's great. I wish more of the morons I see round here that treat their kids like shit all the time thought similarly.
But I spent most of my growing up watching my parents fall asleep at tea time.
I don't care about statistics regarding academic mums or toilet cleaning mums I'm talking mums (and dads) who have the energy to be parents.
MOST men, even although they can, never really become parents past 50. It's a fact. That is a good thing! If it happens it happens, same with women (it will also be rare).
But please, don't bloody tease out nature any more than we have to - lifestyle choice parents are the worst (although IVF for infertile couples at a reasonalbe age is of course ok).
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index