U-Know! Forum »
older mums - just say no!

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

older mums - just say no!
Oct 23, 2006, 22:46
When I was born, my parents were (mum) 44 and dad (53). I was the only kid at school whose folks qualified for free tins at the harvest festival! My father was in WW2, and my grandfather the Boer war! I was an auntie to three as soon as I was born!
Older mummies are crummy. I'dve much preferred it if they'd been of an average age.
Giving old wimmin IVF is a bloody joke.
x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: older mums - just say no!
Oct 24, 2006, 00:38
So many people I know are our age and have infants or toddlers. I don't know how they do it other than they do it.

My wife and I were of a normal reproductive persuasion... we'd been together a while, got pregnant, decided to make it official, and here we are with a 16 year old now.

The difference is that many of our friends spent those years out making lots of money. But now they're dealing with health issues of their own while taking care of children.

Very late birth means that lots of kids never really know their grandparents, too. That's a drag.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 09:47
Who's to say what is the 'right' age to become a mother? (Age of father doesn't seem to matter to society).

If you're too young you're a slag or irresponsible or incapable.
If you're too old you're slated as selfish or irresponsible.
If you're from the wrong class or don't have enough money you're condemned as unfit to be a mum.

If you read the papers you'll know that the only people who 'should' be giving birth are well-educated, healthy, middle-class women aged between 23 to 30, with a long-term male partner. These are precisely the same women who are too busy trying to build a life for themselves - get a decent job, a place to live, etc - to be bothered with having children.

Frankly I don't care what age people have their sprogs and I'm certainly not going to judge. I never wanted children anyway. I think the fewer kids people have the better. There are too many people in this world as it is.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 11:03
Jane wrote:
I never wanted children anyway.

You foul, unnatural creature! Devil's handmaiden! You should have been burnt at the stake!

God made us to bring children into the world. It is your duty to be bountiful.
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Edited Oct 24, 2006, 11:51
Oct 24, 2006, 11:49
you should be thankfull you knew your parents at all and i bet they loved you.
there's nothing wrong with adoption, and a healthy attitude towards it would make it easier for all involved.
why don't we ban children from seeing their grandparents, they are far too old to offer anything like wisdom and experience to our children anyway.
the world is mad.
dee
1955 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 12:36
In a TRUE society (not ours) we should look to the elders for wisdom dont you think? This world is fucked and today matthew.....im gonna be in a fuckin foul mood!!
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 12:44
you just don't get irony do you?
dee
1955 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 13:26
Kind of...
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 13:50
thats total rubbish, my parents are older too, they were older tham all my mates parents, people at shcool thought they were my grandparents, so what! its whats inside that counts in every respect and every facet of every persons life, if you cant see past that then your as bad as the people who judge you, imho of course.

as a matter of point my parents were far more liberal and easy going than all my friends parents, i think age was on their side in that respect. my husbands parents were the same age as mine were the year i was born when we met, there are 20 years between them, they are both as much fun as each other and we like the fact that we can get different stuff and a different perspective from both sets. Being youg or old has its benefits, but as everyone else says, surley good parenting comes down to love and care at the end of the day.
dee
1955 posts

Oct 24, 2006, 14:08
Too right!!
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index