older mums - just say no!

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: older mums - just say no!
Oct 24, 2006, 23:25
Right, time to sit on the fence so fkn hard it goes right up me ARSE!!! Me Ma and Pa were 40 when I came along. Can't say I had the least dysfunctional upbringing EVER but then again it coulda bin tonnes worse and anyway, who's to say it was cos they was 40 and not cos of all sorts of other reasons? As others have said (more eloquently than I can in me zoidered up state) as long as the parents LOVE their kids who gives a flying wotsit what age there are? There are benefits of having kids when you're young and fit and benefits of having kids when you're old and wise. Horses for courses (says she wi' the fence going so far up her ritter it HURTS!) Me, I had my first when I was what? 31? Second when I was 35 - that makes me only five years younger than me mam when she had me so not in a position to criticise. I think it all boils down to the overwhelming paranoia I feel as a parent which is that I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't.

I'll say this though - both times I sprogged was by (very) happy accident and if it'd had never happened then I wouldn't have known what I'd missed, would I? Have to say that for ME, IVF would never have been an option cos I is a fatalist and if something isn't meant to be, for me, then it's not meant to be. I do accept, however, that some people just KNOW they want kids come what may so they'll go to the lengths of IVF to see that they fulfil their dreams of parenthood. Can't cuss that cos I don't know how it feels so probably shouldn't comments. Do concede though that maybe people are 40 before they realise they can't sprog themselves or before they're properly diagnosed as needing IVF or whatever. Now if they're good people who can offer a baby love and security and so on then I guess they should have their chance. Like I say, I is sat on the fence but then I get a good view of both side of the argument from here...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index