wind farms

42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Re: wind farms
May 03, 2006, 12:48
Hmmm, electricity pylons give out bad bad vibes, imo. Try tanding under one when its buzzing, I find that pretty freaky. (Did anyone see that 'Changes' kids' drama in the 70's? Top programme, well its a bit like that, I suppose)

Anyway, don't get the heebiegeebies from the windmill thingies, I quite like the look of them. But I can imagine getting well pissed off if your home was in the shadow for long periods - can you imagine the continually flickering shadow when you were trying to read or do something requiring concentration? Bummer potential there, for sure.

I don't think they can be terribly effective - I have been wanting to install a miniwindmill thingy in our garden, as we live in a fairly windy spot, but it would provide only teeny amounts of leccie. But I still support the development of wind frms - as far as I see it, its crazy not to take advantage of renewable resources, even for a small percentage of our energy needs. Besides, it would potentially help to reduce our demands, if we could see the reality of how much power we consume.

Not much help to you, I'm afraid, Mr Moc.
Up the monster wind!!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index