Trethevy Quoit »
Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece

391 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Similarities elsewhere?
Apr 02, 2013, 12:11
And, just to make the point clear, i'm aware I am taking a rather dismissive view on this thread, and others have shown a great deal more patience, but i'm afraid this particular type of arrogance irritates me to the point where I can only respond with the rudeness, or perhaps the intellectual disrespect, which is being shown by the original poster in the first instance.

I am being presented with a self published book, advertised by the author on a public forum, the author stating with seemingly unending self-assurance that others have not researched the quoit 'correctly', among other things, and that his unreviewed, personal thoughts are something everybody should be taking notice of. Add to that a history from the author of dismissive posts regarding the 'professional' archaeologist and replies of the type 'Why should I tell you, read the book' when asked too difficult a question and we end up with something so utterly self-interested and vulgar it makes my hair stand on end and is an insult to all genuinely enquiring minds.

I find it astounding.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index