Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit...Cornwall's Megalithic Masterpiece
Mar 30, 2013, 07:35
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
The Trethevy Quoit book is now available and can be obtained through its own dedicated website
http://trethevyquoit.moonfruit.com/

And a Review can be read here:- http://wp.me/p20lE0-1pm

Roy

Good luck with it Roy. I'll be very interested on people's opinions once they get the gist of your theory. ;)

Thanks Geoff.

No worries.
And at the risk of being labelled elbow deep in your anal tract :P It's genuinely worth a read ! Even if someone tears it to bits with something fundamental i've missed. Would have liked the stones measurements though. ;)

I'll just add - Those with preconceived expectations will be surprised here, I was. ;) And though we've had our "differences" in the past Roy i sincerely hope this reaches the intended audience for perusal.

The next Stonehenge granary it aint !

Edited to add: I very much believe the onus will be on people to prove you wrong on this, something that was the other way round with ALIW, given what i've seen via e-mail.

Thanks again Geoff...I assume the cheque has arrived :-)

I have no doubts in my mind at all about what's happened at the quoit as the evidence speaks for itself but as all things prehistoric, there will always be arguments against and I'm fine with that. I've done my part, let others now go out and show I'm wrong.
A Lady in Waiting was a different ball game altogether. I could prove nothing there but I still hold by my basic belief that Avebury is laid out in component parts to represent a vast pregnant female earth figure. Not a Goddess as others claimed I did in an attempt to belittle me as I never once mentioned that. Of course they were the ones who never read it yet had the most to say which is par for the course :-)
It was what I felt they may have done with the figure once built that was the sticking point as it was pure speculation, but the book title had indicated that...A Lady in Waiting...AN explanation of the Avebury Complex...not THE explanation. I should have left it at the figure only stage and let others decide what happened afterwards because I have received many many compliments on that side of things but not the other. I'm fine with all of that but I had a go which is the important thing as it introduced a further element into the Avebury mystery. The most pleasing thing though is that it is still selling, not just for financial reasons, but for giving lovers of Avebury an opportunity to think outside of the box. The Stonehenge fiasco is continually showing us that all is not as they keep saying it is there with ever changing beliefs. Mine was just another on Avebury. Some bits will turn out to be true, others not so would be my guess :-)

All of that apart I still do what all should do if humanly possible...get out there at every opportunity because there is still much to discover (especially here over Bodmin's moors) that others haven't. The day I can't do that anymore is the day that a great light in my life will be extinguished. I guess I speak for many of us there!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index