391 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Similarities elsewhere?
Apr 01, 2013, 18:46
thesweetcheat wrote:
OK, looks like we've been talking at cross-purposes. So if you thought I meant a different stone to the one in your picture as separating the chamber from the antechamber, which one did you mean?

I assumed you meant that (what you describe as the "head" in your picture) was the one you lean against, sorry.

Also, on that basis are you referring to something other than the eastern antechamber as the "little" chamber? Do you mean the space under the capstone at the western end?

Yes that and the main chamber sidestones have been shaped to hold stones on top and would have sealed the 2 chambers [the covering "stones" could even have been wooden], as the main capstone doesn't cover them in the old drawing, as it's to high, it's the components that made me see all this, if you can understand what i'm saying i don't expect you to believe it here and now but if you get what i'm saying you'll see it clearly on site because it's so clear, simple and genus by the builders, this all came from looking at the place after believing in the old drawing, which i'd never done, when i did it was revelation after revelation [and that's thanks to Mr Currie].
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index