353 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Deliberately conciliatory remarks
Mar 04, 2012, 15:22
thesweetcheat wrote:
Inevitably I agree with all of this. I also agree with at least 80% of Nigel's post (I'm not going to say which 80% :-) ).

A day in the fresh air with Postie yesterday did me wonders. You soon remember what it's "all about", especially when a rainbow paints a mountainside after a heavy downpour.

I think most of us on here have an internal code that guides our actions. And ultimately the rest of this, as they say, is like tears in rain.

There have been some very eloquent posts made here - Gladman's and Nigel Swift's latest one among them. I haven't commented on either as not sure if there is anything useful left to say. You've summed it all up with your last two sentences - I love the bit about 'when a rainbow paints a mountainside' ...

Respect ... not just for ancients sites because we all have that without exception or we wouldn't be hanging around here - but also for each other. Not everyone can get out there and I guess we need to remember that but we can all open the windows and let the fresh in (metaphorically speaking).
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index