Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Eternal
924 posts

Re: Climbing on Standing Stones
Mar 02, 2012, 23:14
Sanctuary wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
tomwatts wrote:

"Judge Carroll Moran said ownership of property is a right, but this right was not "unfettered" and was qualified by the fact that property was held in trust for the culture of the country."

Right on.

I think this really sums up what this wonderful thread was really all about. The people who go about purposely causing damage to our heritage by simply not caring a fuck versus the person who just jumps on a stone or mound to take a photograph or be king of the castle in front of his mates for a moment or two. The former is the REAL problem and the latter I feel on reflection I can live with. We've had some terrific responses to it and have all remained civil and sensible as like minded folk should be. I say well done all of us for making a thread so enjoyable.

I think that sums it up. People who knowingly climb on sites of historical interest have no defence for their actions. Ignorance, on the other hand, whilst not exactly the best excuse, is at least forgiveable.
Whilst I haven't read most of the posts, those I have read have confirmed one thing: TMA members seem to be in agreement for once, which has to be good.
Regards,
TE.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index