Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Re: Our Sacred Land
Aug 26, 2012, 11:18
moss wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Hi AC, thanks for the link. Amidst the depressingly familiar theme, I'm pleased to see a number of govt departments and agencies showing resistance (but another reason for the Tories to remove the civil service's impartiality though, unfortunately).

Yes, it's good to see a fight back in some quarters. Let's hope next year bring a collapse of this repulsive coalition.

Probably going to say something people won't like but here goes........

Words are all very fine, but they lead nowhere unless action is taken, the internet has fuelled many millions of words but less action, more apathy on the part of the general public.
Direct action is seen as the place for disaffected youth, a scrum with the police on one side and the protestors on the other, very little notice is given to the 'cause', especially by the press.
Indignation is always a fine sentiment, but it needs to be expressed, hopefully non-violently. If you think something is wrong then fight it not just with words but with your presence, I have nothing but admiration for the people who stood against the motorway built under Tara, or who stood firm at Newbury, or, this close to my heart, the A46 under Solsbury Hill.

http://www.solsburyhill.org.uk/gallery.html

As for this latest debacle on green belt robbery, I expect people locally will fight for their own territory as we all should.....

Very well said. I couldn't agree more.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index