364 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Our Sacred Land
Sep 07, 2011, 20:14
Thanks, June.

If it had been a one-off, I'd understand people paying no attention. This happens a lot. I know there's a lot of crap talked and stirred elsewhere, but people really need to sift through it to see the facts. One side of a story is often not enough...

I was going to post this as a reply to Sanctuary's link to Monty Python "Argument" sketch (which I love, and find it can apply to oh, so many forums and threads therein!) but will save time and do it here (no offence intended to Roy) but here's another example: http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=62682&message=797242&offset=125 - remember that charmer? Funny who these sockpuppets turn out to be, isn't it?

I didn't want to drag it all up again but feel a huge sense of injustice after this last bout of nastiness. I had posted a very final and complete message but sadly the thread was locked (by the Eds) before it could be posted, so I lost it.

I won't bang on any more. Just wanted to point out that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. If anyone wants to talk more about it, then please email me to my address in my profile. I will reply to any reasonable email. Otherwise I'll say nowt more about it, unprompted. :)

Peace.

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index