The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Our Sacred Land

364 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: Our Sacred Land
Sep 06, 2011, 12:50
I wonder who you include in your 'original settlers' Gwass. I really can't imagine 85% of us are related to the few thousands of people left here when the land bridge disappeared, I'd love to see the proof.

And if you don't like the idea that we're a nation of immigrants, does that mean you think anyone with Saxon, Viking, Norman etc ancestors isn't properly British? Because that's going to include an awful lot of people, doubtless yourself included. And what if my ancestors came here a hundred years ago from (I don't know) Portugal, would I be properly British enough for you. Where are you going to draw your line, who's rightly allowed to be here? What do you think all these Foreigners are doing in this country - do you know, some of them even have jobs, skilled jobs at that, and contribute to society, and pay taxes, and all sorts. Bloody hell I'm even friends with some of them, are you? In fact, I'm even related to some of them, heaven forbid.

Or is it that you want to stop anyone coming into this country from this moment onwards. Or do you have certain countries you'll allow them in from I wonder? Or will they be allowed in if they promise to speak English and watch the cricket and eat fry ups every morning. Don't tell me, you just don't want any shifty looking lazy ones who move straight into an 9 bedroom council house and live on benefits.

And did you know, some people even emigrate from Britain! Can you imagine. What are they thinking of.

You state that lots of people here work in the public sector and imply they're dreadful lefties. I don't know if that's true, I don't think we've ever had a poll. But if it IS true, why would you think that would be? Surely this strange interest in prehistoric sites doesn't attract that sort of person? Why would that be... Hmmm...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index