Slaggyford Stones .

170 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Re: Down In The Valley
Sep 16, 2011, 15:50
"At the latitude of Slaggyford there are two areas , to the north and south ,both extending to approx 66 degrees of the horizon where the sun and moon never sets or rises . The remainder of the horizon ,228 degrees (360 minus 132 degrees ) is where the Thom paradigm events and directions can be measured "

Have a look at diagram 8.1 in Thom's Megalithic Sites In Britain. It's titled Histogram of observed declinations. He measured sites with alignment declinations from -30, the moon at standstill, to +40, which he hypothesised was to fixed stars. That makes a lot more of the horizon available than you suggest. If you live somewhere, and watch the sunrises and sunsets over years and years then you have a better idea of what is going on than someone, miles away, attempting to re-create them with a computer program.

There are no grounds for discussion as you will not be open minded and consider the possibilities. Of course it is easy to be confused and mistaken but those are the pitfalls of progress. When someone has a decent idea one should test, or help test, it. Not throw up all the reasons it can't possibly be true. According to aerodynamic laws bees can't fly yet they do, and not just near to sea level but in the Himalaya where the air is very thin.

I've found some amazing ancient remains and nobody has seen them. I thought Cope would come and look at them and write songs celebrating their discovery. (Sad delusions!) When I was young, and had recently left school, I was part of the lab that invented non-drip paint. (It's easier to get a handle on this rather than the other substances we also pioneered). Our remit was to slow down the skin that formed in a half full tin of oil paint and we did succeed. I was like the cabin boy and weighed stuff out and mixed the standard solutions. There's no patent on it, yet everyone knows non-drip paint now. It's the household norm. And when you open a tin of the stuff - you're going to think of me! I suppose it's my greatest hit!

I filmed the summer solstice sunset at a stone row, a couple of years ago. The Kodachrome Super8 film developed superbly - trouble is the sun went into a cloudbank about ten degrees off the horizon. GoogleEarth doesn't do that yet ...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index