Grrr...

194 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 20, 2010, 20:00
Re: hmmm.
Jul 20, 2010, 18:32
There will indeed always be some who who don't care a stuff and ignore notices, but I doubt I'll be one of them. The trick is not to be an idealist (too many snipers out to take cheap shots) but equally not to be a do-nowt defeatist who talks as if individual eedjits have the right to act as they alone choose towards communal assets. Trying to do something to improve things is better than doing nothing.

J'Accuse EH of the latter at both Silbury and Stonehenge. At Stonehenge they COULD stop shits clambering on top of the stones. And at Silbury they COULD find ways of reducing the number of ditto sliding straight down the hill on their backsides bringing material down (forever, remember!) shouting to me "It's OUR TEMPLE maaan". No it's not, donkey, it's everyone's including the future's ;)

One easy thing they could have done is when it was at it's most vulnerable and dangerous, and they had only six signs round the base so if you approached it from many angles you couldn't see a notice at all, they could have desisted from removing (and not replacing) all the ones I put up in the gaps over a period of weeks.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index