Grrr...

194 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mustard
1043 posts

Re: Grrr...
Jul 19, 2010, 13:36
nigelswift wrote:

I've always been the same. Completely unable to agree with the "gently, gently, let's explain it nicely to them" approach that the archaeological establishment advocates towards metal detectorists and you have advocate towards dozens of ignorant littering drunken idiotic lawbreakers at Stonehenge.

I can understand your frustration. But demonising people doesn't help. And whatever you think of the ignorant minority at Stonehenge, I'm not one of them! We're on the same side here, Nigel. Your probably couldn't fit a rizzla between our fundamental views on most issues. So please... don't take it personally when I criticise your approach. I respect the principle of your position.... just not the way you go about expressing it sometimes.

nigelswift wrote:
For your information, it has taken ten years of daily personal attacks on me such as yours

Nige old bean, I'm not personally attacking you. On the contrary - I'm asking you to play nice so we can discuss this like grown-ups.

nigelswift wrote:
All of which is why I don't give a fig for your attacks on me or your attempts to smooth over the nonsense that goes on at Stonehenge.

I have asked you at least three times to discuss this reasonably, and you're repeatedly stamping your feet and throwing the toys out of the pram. What the hell more do you WANT me to do, apart from throw the towel in and say "yes Nigel, you're right about absolutely everything, and I agree with you 100%"?

I disagree with your approach and I disagree with your manner of communication. That's not a personal attack - that's an opinion. Unlike you, I do "give a fig" about your attempts to justify your position, because although I disagree with it, I think it deserves consideration and respect. All I'm asking is that you show me the same courtesy.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index