Unsung Forum »
listening to music

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: listening at all?
Jan 21, 2003, 01:34
Oh please Shrimp. You know as well as I do this is by far from the first time your tone has been seen as somewhat condescending ,and then you come back with how it's your passion and people are just intrepreting you in the wrong way. In other words its always them, never you. It's almost a fixture of HH and has certainly been since I can remember on here.
Jeez mate, people aren't "getting it" the way you see it and so you go into noble, thoughtful exile while the grubby peasants rampage all over Unsung. Well it bugs me here from time to time too but I'm sticking with it 'cos I think it's worth it and I think there's still loads to learn and to share.

I absolutely believe in your passion for your music.
But don't play the wounded aesthete when some one points out with a fair degree of justification that you do, from time to time, come over as something of a snob. If you really, absolutely can't see that then you have a degree of bloody mindedness thats almost admirable.

I mean, you posted something, you got some people thinking and got responses. And trust me, you got a lot better than some have round here lately. So just have a think before you seclude yourself in your Hi-Fivory Tower and disappear up some kind of sonic orifice, safe in the knowledge that you are doing it 'right'. Or whatever.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index