Register
Unsung Forum »
listening to music

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

Re: listening to music
Jan 21, 2003, 01:21
Suppose I'd better put my pennies worth in as I kind of inadvertantly started all this. I said 2 things in the original stool thread - one that I'm amazed at how much people listen to in a week and they can't be listening properly to that much. All I was trying to do is relate my own personal experiences which involved listening to rather less than most. I suppose I don't listen to more than an hour a day, but it seems that other people listen to up to 4hrs a day, so obviously they're gonna get through more stuff. Fair enough. But hey I'm just as passionate about music as the next man, and certainly didn't appreciate Norbert Camembert's thread which tried to make out that I was adolf heickman or someone (clause 23).
The other thing I said was that a large record collection was a false economy. What I mean is that after a while (I reckon about 250 which mine passed about a year ago) you end up buying or getting more stuff than you can listen to and you neglect stuff. This grates with me and every so often I call a buying halt and try and catch up with neglected items. This never lasts for long as the passion for new and unheard of music overtakes and the problem just gets worse. I was just wondering whether people felt the same.

I was probably also a bit pissed off that noone was responding to my record collection posting, saying that soundtracks already did the job. But what I wanted was a more definitive and ultimate list of what people rate rather than happen to be listening to at the time. Obviously the two can overlap, but still. I wanted more. I am truly very sorry. I know now that I was being greedy and foolish. Time's a healer so they say. Those last 4 sentences were me playing at jokes in case there is any more misinterpretation
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index