listening to music

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: listening to music
Jan 20, 2003, 23:20
When Peter Perrett released his album with The One about 10 years back, I was really excited, and nervous too. Loved the single that came out before it, but was scared that my love for The Only Ones would be, in some ways, tarnished if the album was a duffer!

My first response was not good... Taped it for the car, and tried to get into it when going to and from work. Thing is, the tape would not eject (Fat labels after re-taping, I found out later when I finally took a knife to it) and the tape became the only thing I listened to in the car for a number of months (auto-reverse, or whatever, is a Godsend, isn't it?) I grew to really love that album as I got to know it better and better, though I never played it anywhere other than in the car.

A friend said that some music is like a Big Mac. It satisfies an immediate craving (?) but in the fullness of time, doesn't really feed you. Some music is like a meal you enjoy, with other immediate distractions like friends, family, whatever. This is the music that hits the soul!

I listen to some Big Macs and I listen to some right good dinners! Enjoy them both, but in different ways!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index