295 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Silbury Hill trespassers
Jan 08, 2013, 18:14
bladup wrote:
Well that would have freaked me out, seeing a camera flying around on it's own, would you really like to see razor wire at Silbury [or anywhere]? I think that would be a sad sad day, I just wish people would stay off when it's wet [as that's when the most damage occurs].

If Steve is going to start posting here you better get used to his sense of humour ...
I travel to Oxford sometimes on a bus which calls into the entrance of Shrivenham Military base/college. The outer perimeter has a high fence with razor wire coiled around the top, the fence is also patrolled by guard dogs. No disrespect to the person who brought 'razor wire' into the debate but to be honest I'd rather see Silbury fall down.

Apologies to Nigel Swift for an earlier post made by me. I'm afraid this subject makes me a bit grumpy - Silbury is potentially unstable, however many assurances are given to the contrary, especially in flood conditions. Lets all go and have a party at Stonehenge and leave Silbury in peace. The people who climbed it in the past (pre-2000) did so in ignorance. There are no excuses now.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index