This topic is locked

183 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Re: Heritage Action Logo
Nov 13, 2003, 13:10
"I am a fine artist not a graphic designer, so can't come up with any visuals for you..."

I think you could have a good crack at it Jane - your work is quite illustrative... I've seen fine artists do perfectly good graphics work. Something hand rendered can sometimes hit the mark more than a hard edged graphic approach... I trained as a fine artsist myself, but just went into graphics after art school (originally intended to be a temporary measure) to make a living. 12 years on n' I've still not escaped...

"Heritage Action's logo and strapline should be expressed with the MINIMUM of fuss - definitely no complex imagery..."

Yes, it's true that simple always works best in logoland. Something that can work in both colour and black n' white, as a huge banner or as a letterhead.

It all depends what kind of image the group would like to present... on the one hand, I'd doubt that something that looks too businesslike/corporate would be appropriate if there is a direct action element to the group's activities. But on the other hand, if we intend to be taken seriously by authority, we can't present something too flippant or radical.

Hmmmm.... I'll have to have a think about this one. I'll come up with a few variations - I usually do one quite sober idea, one that's a bit more out there then another that falls somewhere in between.

Any suggestions from anyone before I have a pop at it?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index