Serious Conservation 2
This topic is locked

183 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: A Ha
Nov 07, 2003, 10:28
Actually, I think they're ALL baloney, But that's just an opinion based on all the ones I've ever seen. So maybe ET made some I haven't seen.

The student thing is a bit of a red herring. They're mostly done by pros. See their website, circlemakers. Very clever, but mostly surprisingly low tech methods. I have done a small one, not as good as theres but they're well practiced. The mysterious break halfway up is easy to do. The equally mysterious deformed nodes form naturally after they're broken. |The scuffle in the middle also comes naturally. As Steve says, none are unbisected by tramlines- what are the chances of that? The cropcircle room in the Barge Inn is full of transatlantic dopes looking at a picture of a straw plasma ball or some such (it's a fieldmouse's nest), the digital face at Chilbolton that is so beyong the capacity of yokels to produce is next to the radio telescope there, a fact which the oodles of croppy sites making oodles of money never fail to not mention. There are always a few which "defy explanation" but they keep getting replaced as they are explained. Commercial considerations demand it. Tell you what, next year, if I'm up to it, I'll make an inexplicable one to the East of WKLB, and if it can't be explained I'll start believing.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index