Register
Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 2/2/03

44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 2/2/03
Feb 04, 2003, 01:20
I think next week I'll have to write them down as I never completely remember. I'll have a go though:

David Bowie - Earthling. Dismissed as Bowie jumping on the drum and bass bandwagon, but it is far too intelligently put together for this.

Bob Dylan - Freewheeling Bob Dylan

Ozric Tentacles - weird cities. Yeah not bad. People tell me that they are ripping off bands like Hawkwind and Gong, so I got ratcni01 to send me some stuff

Hawkwind - Epoch Eclipse, Sonic Attack. I've tried to get into them but found they lyrics too prog rock like and don't really like the voice. Thanks anyway.

Gong - Live Floating Anarchy 1979. Now this I could get into. Really rather good. I could have sworn that Robert Wyatt was involved on this album, but I don't think he was. Sounds like him. All part of the canterbury scene, I suppose, and Dave Allen used to be in Soft Machine apparently.

Monk and Canatella - Care in the Community. Spot on trip hop nervous breakdown music. Amusing samples.

Mr Bungle - Disco Volante. A mixed bag but definitely has its moments.

Brian Eno - Here come the warm jets. Pretty good but not as good as the next few of his albums, imo.

Struggling to remember anymore, though there definitely was more. Oh well
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index