44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 2/2/03
Feb 02, 2003, 13:39
Hiya

Cheers Fitter for kicking Soundtrax off this week. So what has passed across Joolio’s stereo this week.

Firstly I am gearing up for my first gigs in ages – going to see the Porcupine Tree a couple of times on the forthcoming tour so they have occupied poll position on the hi -fi this week with the following

Signify,
Metanoia (outtakes from Signify)
Coma Divine (classic live album of Signify tour)
Staircase Infinities outtakes EP from 1992’ Up The Downstair – blissful guitar work
Stupid Dream starting to get more song based as opposed to long airy Floydian styled instrumentals great all the same
In Absentia – the new one and must played this week – in terms of atmosphere the darkest since Signify – growing on me slowly but getting there.

Also given a spin Traffic’s 1st album Mr Fantasy this is brilliant more diverse than later releases but a superb collection of songs nonetheless especially considering that none of the band were out of their teens at the time!!!!!!!!!!

Still been in a Jethro Tull mood and have continued to trawl back thru the record collection this week I dug out - Too Old To Rock and Roll Too Young To Die another long neglected album and a lot better than I remember it being.
Thick as a Brick retains its place on the play list – class in a glass
Also dug out A – hmmmmmmmmmmm not sure on this one it sounds like a dry run for Broadsword and the Beast and Crest for a Knave jury is still out on this one.

Gong – Flying Teapot top stuff

Grateful Dead – Live Dead another CD I have struggled with over the years however I dug out the Nag Champa joss ticks and give it a spin this weekend and its growing on me.

David Crosby – If Only I could Remember My Name introspective, reflective bliss 8-)

Also this week I continued to explore some of the many CD-R’s sent my way recently

So the following have got a first listen this weekend: -

Courtesy of TPS - Acid Mothers Temple – La Novia blinking flip this is good stuff how can I describe it hmm…. I cant I will have to play it again and again and let you know.

And from Boot – A load of stuff too of which the following got played before the 12 ‘clock Saturday nite Soundtrax window closed last nite: -
Ananda Shankar and State of Bengal – Walking On excellent record rocked out with outbreaks of sitar or is it sitar with outbreaks of rock!!!
And a splendid Funk compilation Funkology Vol. 1 cheers watch for the postman, some funk stuff heading your way this week.

Think that’s me
See ya all soon

Joolio
Still raining, still dreaming!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index