Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 2/2/03

44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives w/e 2/2/03
Feb 03, 2003, 12:02
Last week I listed some sounds that I'd been lent without having listened to them - to get me in step I'm going to list them again and any others I can think of I listened too

massive attack - blue lines
Excellent can't think why I haven't listened to this lot before - well I can actually but I won't go into that now

kruder dorfmeister - the k&d sessions
Liked this - tuneful dance type thingy

massive attack - protection
Great but not as good as blue lines

deltron - 3030
Too hip-hoppy for me at the moment but will keep for when I'm in the mood for that kinda thing

nightmares on wax - carboot soul
Surprised by this the music was .. well musical, looking at the cover I had expected chesse and quavereryness

bought myself spiritualised - let it come down in a fancy kind of moulding case thingy, first impression was in the car and though good sound seemed a bit too mushed together - could easily be my car stereo though

bit of black sabbath - esp snowblind in preparation for he mad ride home on the thursday night last week out through north london and up the m1 to hemel - two and a half hours to get home - at least i made it unlike some poor peeps on other northbound routes out of the city

teeps mad coil - compilations, very electronic very very very wierd, positively sinister but fun to listen too given them a coupla goes and will give them a few more. thanks telepathine for sharing yer madness!!

from the library:
gomez - bring it on, liked this guitars'n everthing

couple of mary black albums to try her out as it were, saw her sing on some telly show and liked the voice, very mellow and relaxing bit too clannad sometimes tho - was she in clannad?

some terrible steeleye span retrospective thing - major disappointment, bluarhgh

woody gutherie - finally got round to lstening a bit to this, ever since that billy bragg telly thing wanted to listen a bit more to this guy 'cos i likes billy and that period of american history is quite interesting too - john steinbeck, grapes of wrath or is it of mice and men. Love the guitar idea with "this machine kills fascists" on it as well
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index