Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lademell
68 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 20, 2013, 19:04
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
lademell wrote:
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
I think the Dantalions Chariot was Osiris and could be bought from Goodge St. It was Martin Sharp endeavour and is beautifully reprographed in 'Get on Down!' By Mick Farren. It has the Hendrix Martin Sharp poster from OZ 15 on the cover. Nige had several packets of that poster too. I used to sell them for him for £8.

Wow...cool! I believe the Tomorrow poster from this era even had the EMI catalog info for "My White Bicycle"...

Here's an answer. From Twink:

"Deepender, Tomorrow paid for the poster. I was living with Nigel in Beaufort St., Chelsea at the time, so I commissioned him to do it".

It was nothing to do with EMI. It came from the request of the drummer directly to Nigel Waymouth. It made sense to Twink to include the cat no because Twink thinks business.

It would also be cool to learn if Scott Walker actually commissioned that rendering of himself on the SCOTT 4 poster. Have to believe he insisted upon it, since I can't imagine Philips would have wanted that as the image to go out. The cool thing about that illustration is, up close, it's all stipple dots...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index