Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lademell
68 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 20, 2013, 01:36
Charlie2300 wrote:
lademell wrote:
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
I can't access your images at the moment, but I can confirm that a 1970 King Crimson poster for 'Cat Food' single does exist as Island were pushing hoping that it would be a big hit.

Indeed it does...I saw one years ago on eBay, and it only went for about US $50 - $70, as I recall, but it's flyer size, and essentially, the same as the "Cat Food" picture sleeve...with the retail information below.

Here is a picture of an HMV London shop window from Summer '69...in the lower middle, there appears to be a shop poster for ITCOTCK (the band shot):

http://i44.tinypic.com/6iwwts.jpg

I have Island posters for Roxt's FOR YOUR PLEASURE, all four 'vocal''rock' Eno records...and Roxy's SIREN (UK)...

A promo poster for "In The Court Of The Crimson King" would be the dog's bollocks. I'd consider sascrificing a limb for that poster in the HMV shop.

It would be truly amazing. Have never seen one other than in that contemporaneous photo. Have seen an Island shop poster from around the same time for the first Renaissance album (cool but not iconic or very collectable...but they were a nifty band)...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index