Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lademell
68 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 19, 2013, 16:32
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Ratledge would not know. Wyatt less certain. Hopper was the only one. You also forget that posters were ephemeral and any that survive are a small percentage of what existed. I disagree with your thesis about marginal issues and so on, but I will come back to you on that as I know Nigel in Wales who has made a study of UK Freaky poster scene. He showed me the contents under his bed - several packets of Osiris Posters and Big O posters about 150 per packet which he paid £3000 in 1979. He has traded them for all the choice items like Dantalions Chariot.

Excellent - would love it if you were able to find any details at all...was the Dantalian's an Osiris gig poster? They were great. But please don't think that my calling the '69-era Softs 'marginal' is disparaging. Indeed, they are one of my all-time favorite bands...and the first three records absolute favorites (even had Wyatt sign my copy of "Love Makes Sweet Music"). Such a gentleman.

And totally...the face that so many of these items were - as you say - seen as ephemeral and don't circulate like records is one of the reasons I started collecting them at 13 (the US MEDDLE promo poster was the first one I ever got)...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index