Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lademell
68 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 19, 2013, 18:57
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
As previously stated EMI made a B&W poster for Ummagumma and a general one when Harvest was launched with a collage of images from the first batch of LP's. There is a B&W poster for Parachute and also for Formally Fat Harry. I'm sure that Joy of a Toy marketing budget consisted of an ad in Zigzag written by Peter Jenner, he later moaned that EMI did not back the LP well - considering they spent £5000 on it. I have a Panama Limited poster but that's from their agency. The Human Beast had shop promo's made by Decca

I have the US Harvest UMMAGUMMA promo poster, which is a full-color lithographed collage type thing...quite stunning. Didn't know there was a UK b&w one (would love to see an image, if you have it)...though I have seen a not-very-impressive b&w UK ATOM HEART MOTHER poster. Have seen the Zigzag Peter Jenner trade ad. Have never seen any UK Harvest shop materials for Syd Barrett, other than the '74 reissue twofer. Also not sure about Roy Harper's STORMCOCK, which I'd love to have (have only seen VALENTINE and later shop posters).

I've also seen, I believe, a full-color UK Harvest promo poster for either the second or third Broughton album - either '70 or '71. Never any Shirley Collins though.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index