Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 19, 2013, 14:24
Stevo wrote:
Can't you scan it somehow and take the file down to a tshirt printer?
Not sure on the legality of things like that but would assume they'd run you off copies.
I used to sell posters that were printed from scans of small printed material and they came out ok, irish history for the main part. Wasn't getting them done myself so not sure what the story is on copyright and printing or t-shirt printing. If any place you took them into would do it without question.

Stevo

The story on copyright is interesting. We don't know. The provenance is unknown. Larry is convinced that Soft Machine were too marginal a band to warrant anyone other than the band themselves or their management could have sanctioned the silkscreen. I don't think Soft Machine were marginal a band at all. They played lots of gigs on the UK and European circuit to large and small audiences, they also played a lot with Pink Floyd with whom they were friendly, in fact Soft machine are all over the Syd Barrett sessions at EMI. They sold lots of copies of Soft Machine 3 as I used to see it second hand all the time in the late 70's and early 80's. They also played many BBC Top Gear sessions as John Peel were friends with them. So they reached their target audience with 100% efficiency.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index