Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 18, 2013, 16:56
lademell wrote:
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
....as for the brilliant Scott Engel poster, that is a Philips record company poster. I have a very strong hunch that the artist is Linda Glover who worked for the Philips art dept and designed the cover for Scott 3. When the Art Dept was sacked in 1970 she then turned her hand to portraiture. Her best known creation was designing the Vertigo record label kinetic artwork.

Yes, that one is my all-time prize. Definitely Philips issued. There is an artist credit in the lower right, but it's too stylized for me to make out...it could be Linda Glover but almost looks like 'Buford A' or something. It's also dated 1970....which means it was early in the year...either Jan or Feb. SCOTT 4 was released in November '69 under 'Scott Engel' but by late 1970 ('TIL THE BAND COMES IN), he'd reverted back to the 'Walker' stage name...

I know Linda so I will ask her, if not her than I'm sure she could give an excellent lead as she knew a lot of the artists in the industry. Apart from my Ummagumma poster I think my all time prized possesion is the 1970 Comus poster of the bog body man by Roger Wootton, it has more of his arse than can be seen on the Dawn LP cover. It was printed either by Dawn Records or Red Bus agency.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index