Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lademell
68 posts

Re: Soft Machine - VOLUME TWO (UK Probe promo poster)
Oct 20, 2013, 06:07
lademell wrote:
Charlie2300 wrote:
Deepinder Cheema wrote:

I tell you what I'd be mad keen for - a decent reproduction/poster/photo of VDGG live with Jaxon making two saxes scream at the same time and Hammill screaming his heart out. That would be utter class...and you're a big VDGG fan, so you'd be the man to ask.

I can tell you that Strat at Charisma did print - early on ('70/'71)...promo materials to shops for his acts (I believe it was B&C distribution). There are - that I know of - VDGG promo posters from '70 (a band shot with the H TO HE font) and '71 (a Paul Whitehead poster-only illustration - ostensibly to promore PAWN HEARTS). I've seen one of the former and two of the latter in 20 years and regret not snapping them up (they all went from, say. 2000 - 2006 when I aw them for between $125 - $200).

Incidentally, Strat did the same for Genesis. There's a (specific) TRESPASS poster from late '70 (which features Phil Collins who, unfortunately [because he would've immensely improved it musically] wasn't on it) and two non-specific Charisma promo posters from '71. Even though FOXTROT was the album that broke them in the UK, I don't believe Strat promted it with shop materials. But, after that (from SEBTP on) every Genesis album has had shop posters on both sides of the pond...

Oh, and another incidental...if memory serves...the Paul Whitehead promo-poster only illustration of the band for PAWN HEARTS has D JAXON pictured in full Roland Kirk double-blow mode...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index