38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 October 2012 CE
Oct 24, 2012, 07:48
machineryelf wrote:
I really like Long Live Rock n Roll, out of the 3 studio albums it gets more play than the first and side one of Rising, the studio take of Kill The King is a bit pointless but Gates of Babylon and The Shed [Subtle] rate alongside Rainbow's finest, and whilst Rainbow Eyes is Catch The Rainbow part II I would love to have heard what Blackmore would have done with it live.
Still more likely to get one of the Germany live discs first though

the other thing I'm waiting for is a proper Dio Holy Diver/Last In Line period live album, the Donington disc is OK but the proper full on Last In Line show was superb chocka with classic Dio/Rainbow/Sabbath tunes [possibly the reason it's not been released, too many egos involved] someone must have taped that or the first tour surely

You'd think that there would at least be a King Biscuit or such like.

Have just been looking at the contents of the new Quo documentary. That they have the original line up playing together for the first time in yonks makes it tempting but it is a bit like the Stones film - given that I haven't given a toss about anything they've done in the studio in 30 years how interested am I going to be in a "career overview"? Might wait until it's in the £10 bin.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index