IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 23, 2012, 05:36
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 October 2012 CE
Oct 23, 2012, 05:22
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
after having a read up I'm thinking the Mode Feldman series seems the best bet at value vs ratings , vols 8 & 10 seem to fit the bill for me perfectly.

the Sweet/Hoffs cds seem available for a good price as well, after you tubing them I've found nothing earth shatteringly new but I really like her voice and they do seem to have very good taste so that's next months orders sorted

Feldman series looks great but I am holding some money back for the expanded of Rainbow "On Stage" (!). I think I might have the extra tracks on bootlegs but if they are cleaned up and mixed then it'll be worth it.

The Long Live Rock n Roll expanded set looks very nice , buggering hell it's impossible to keep up with new music without the difficulty of keeping up with the old

True. So much of the new music is so in debt to the old that I hardly bother trying to keep up any more. I figure that if an album is meant to find me then it will so I mainly find myself buying archival releases, jazz and classical. Even the "new" artists that I get interested in tend to have been recording 40 years ago!

Never really got along with Long Live Rock n Roll. Might have been a timing thing given what else I was listening to at the time. I should give it another go perhaps? On the other hand those three German shows look most attractive.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index