Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 October 2012 CE

38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 October 2012 CE
Oct 22, 2012, 14:21
Namaste Furtwanglers...... 1) GY!BE - Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada EP ..... 2) GY!BE - Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennae To Heaven ..... I have everything they've recorded except Yanqhui, which I've never heard, but hadn't played any for at least six years until prompted by the positive comments about the new 'un. My listening head's been somewhere else, but it's been good to renew aquaintance. I could do without the monologues, but love the raucous rest. This music deserves to be played in a big dark echoey room on good gear and at volume. That I am confined to phones may have contributed to my abstinence. It's not the same. I need some cathartic noise at the moment, and wish I could see them live. Failing that, I hope I can get near to the rig of Neil and friends in the next few months ..... 3) Silver Mout Zion - Born Into Trouble As Sparks Fly Upward ..... see 1) and 2) ..... 4) C C Hennix - The Electric Harpsichord ..... yum ..... 5) Terry Riley - Descending Moonshine Dervishes ..... love the version wih Don Cherry on youtube ...... 6) Terry Riley - Les Yeux Fermes/ Lifespan ...... I cannot recommend this S/T twofer highly enough. Drift away ..... 7) Bill Laswell - ROIR Dub Sessions ..... not his greatest, I don't doubt, but good. I have about ten albums on which he appears. Only about five hundred remain unheard, then. Am floundering as to what's the best ..... 8) Carlton Melton - Photos of Photos ..... Thank you, O Tempestuous One. Sooo peed off that I couldn't see them 'on my doorstep' and at Hebden through illness. Hope there's another chance ..... 9) Lambchop - Is A Woman. I love Nixon. This isn't it. Put to one side for a long while to see if my opinion improved, but no. It get's better towards the end, but I don't think that'll be enough to save it from the trade-in pile. I NEED Celebration Day ..... 10) Sandy Denny - Who Knows Where The Time Goes? - First of the box set overviews, dating from the age of vinyl. I still remember where I was when I first heard the live version of The Raven drift from the radio late one night. The live Bruton Town makes the hairs stick up too, but nothing compares to The Banks of the Nile. Still current. We'll probably be off doing someone elses bidding again soon.. WKWTTG's deleted. I've never felt flush enough to afford subsequent megaboxes, much as I'd like to. The Music Weaver - Sandy Denny Remembered 'in a nutshell' double CD of our finest ever female singer/songwriter is still available, cheap and very good. Every human home should have one. I'm going to play it now. It's raining. Again.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index