Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/2/11

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/2/11
Feb 13, 2011, 23:11
The Soft Parade – The Doors
Interesting that a few folk here seemed to have dug out their old Doors LP’s this week! I hadn’t heard this in a long time. Great opening two tracks – especially Touch Me – though it gets a bit patchy after that.

Galaxsea – Lunar Dunes
What do you get if you cross the first Lunar Dunes album with the Solus 3 cd? This! And it’s the finest of the three IMO.

Chess Northern Soul – V/A
I’m absolutely loving this compilation. Ordinary Joe, Landslide, two versions of Wade In The Water and much, much more. All for less than a fiver!

Pillows & Prayers – V/A
Great to hear Compulsion by Joe Crow again. Fabulous track!

Also...
What’s The Matter Boy - Vic Godard
S/T – Violent Femmes

Plus a few downloads...
Definitive Drop (the post-punk act whose cassette Cope mentioned a while back), that stunning Big Blood set (Dark Country Magic) that was referred to here recently and which I've managed to order a copy of from the USA, and the Natural Snow Buildings album (Winter Ray) that Machineryelf mentioned. Beautiful stuff, but as there appears to be only 15 copies in existence it would appear that I’ll have to make do with the download of this one. Unfortunately.

Also live stuff by Television (patchy 2004 set) and the Bunnymen (a surprisingly good set from last year where they played the 1st two albums and a few other hits – and with the odd exception such as Mac struggling on Happy Death Men, they pretty much nailed the lot)...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index