carlyclub
128 posts

Edited Feb 13, 2011, 21:15
Re: Soundtracks to our lives w/e 13/2/11
Feb 13, 2011, 16:59
Popel Vooje wrote:
carlyclub wrote:

Bobb Trimble - Iron Curtain Innocence

That's the first time I've ever seen Bobb Trimble mentioned in SOTL by anyone other than me. What an astonishing record that is - as is its follow-up "Harvest of Dreams". Exactly the kind of artist Unsung was made for.

Btw what's that Iranian psych compilation like? I've already got "Cambodian Rocks" but have yet to venture into Middle Eastern psych (unless you count Turkey, which I don't).

Got distracted by Ireland throwing away a rugby match. Indeed, both this and Harvest of Dreams are truly extraordinary. Can't believe I haven't mentioned them before but then I don't post that often. Got the Secretly Canadian reissues a few years back and was absolutely stunned - more than surpassed the rumours. The Acid Archives reckons they are the finest self-released albums in all of rock (it disses the Harvest of Dreams reissue on account of a dodgy remix [but how does one afford to get hold of an original?]). The Iranian comp is pretty cool; you can check out some excerpts here: http://www.honestjons.com/shop.php?HybridSearch=raks+raks+raks I have the vinyl version so can't vouch for the additional tracks on the CD, but there's some storming stuff on there, Ojooba Ha being a particular favourite.

[edited cos I realised it wasn't Lundborg who voiced those opinions but two of his review board - really need to learn how to read that book]
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index