80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 31st October 2010 CE
Oct 31, 2010, 13:22
In the last day or so it has been:

Funkadelic - One nation under a groove. Pretty good stuff, but then to me all their 70's output that i have heard is about this standard

Phantom Band - The Wants. Not quite in the right mood for this - didn't turn it off though!

MV & EE - Live @ Miss Peapods September '10. Not at all bad

The Cure - Live Glastonbury '95. Has special memories because i was there. I love The Cure when they are on form - good to see Robert Smith as a vocalist on someone elses' track (Crystal Castles?). Can't remember him having done that before?

Shearwater - i think it was from Green Man '09.

Kinda looking forward to seeing Midlake tonight in Exeter. Was a bit dismissive about them being typical alternate indy fodder, but i think there is more to them than that. Next gig after that will be Hush Arbors at Miss Peapods

Other music that i've listened to this week off the top of my head

Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with me. Should be getting series 2 for my birthday this week. Can't wait!

Underworld - 100 days off. I think so much of the 2nd track that i would happily have it played at my funeral.

Tangerine Dream - Zeit? Can't remember as i am not at home typing this. It was pretty spooky though

Velvet Underground & Nico - Haven't heard this in a while, and was well into it again when i did.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index