Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 09, 2008, 06:53
Re: NWOBHM
May 09, 2008, 06:01
Moon Cat wrote:
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I genuinely believe there isssomething far more enobling and heroic in Joe Elliot from Def Leppard spending his day at a factory in sheffield, full of rock dreams and buying spandex keks from Ms Selfridge to wear with the band onstage than Sid stenciling a swastika on his jacket whilst working out which way up to hold his bass.

Nice. Nice.

I think it is important for us all to recognise that, irrespective of what one thinks of someone's music, the desire to strive towards something better and the absolute commitment to make it happen is a rare and special thing. Whether you are Sun Ra, Mark E Smith, Moz Def or Ronnie James Dio.

Unfashionable as it might be I have a lot of time for people who absolutely commit to a vision and are prepared to work their proverbials off to get there.

Sid it seems was something of a death worshipper. Even if he had been able to play like Jannick Top he would still have been that.

Joe Elliott was a dreamer with a vision. Might not be yours or my vision for our lives but what heart! What balls! Fish of Marillion was the same story. Will to power. In spandex. Amen.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index