Unpleasant Heroes

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Unpleasant Heroes
Apr 28, 2005, 15:31
I once had a rather nice encounter with Shane Macgowan, at the bar backstage at the Rollercoaster in '92. I'd managed to miss the freebar(possibly because I was elsewhere collapsing ion My Bloody Valentine's glass table, or was that later? Could also be that I was taking a girl backstage to meet Murph Dino, apparently she turned out to be a complete psycho).
Anyway I'd missed the free bar and Shane bet me £10 that I couldn't beat him armwrestling. Really can't remember who won but he gave me the £10.
I was already on nodding terms with him after having frequented the 2nd hand recordshop behind Virgin that he used to work in several years ealier. I'd first gone up to talk to him after that at a Nick Cave show in '86 where he said he remembered me. (fan boy alert?)
That was a crazy night, went back to the venue (Brixton Academy Rollercoaster) the next night, went backstage to see if I could get hold of my coat and rucksack(had just hitched back into LOndon after some of the rest of the tour & C$C's tour) to find out that I was most unwelcome thanks to damage done to MBV's dressing room table. having somebody 14 odd stone falling forward onto it didn't do it much good.
Listened to the gig from outside on the street. OOps.
Stevo
Np VDGG Present Abandon Ship
(really rather good I do believe, the reissues are due at the end of May BTW)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index