Unsung Forum »
Unpleasant Heroes

76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: pleasant Heroes
Apr 27, 2005, 15:37
I met Robert Plant once and bein a big Zep head was pleased to find him a perfectly affable and decent enough cove which was a relief considerin the enormity of his.....legacy. Praps cos I looked like his mini-me at the time.

To be honest if I based my record collection on whether I though the artist/artists were decent human beings or not I reckon I'd have about 3 albums. Same goes with actors in a way. You've gotta remember that despite what they may say about the intregrity of their art and artistic expression and so on, the very act of getting onstage, of performing and of releasing material or work that you feel people need to hear then it must betray the fact that some part of that artist - could be a huge part, could be a molecule - requires a form of attention, perhaps even adoration (SEE MORRISEY) and devotion, as well as a degree of self obsession that, given the pressures of the biz, is bound to manifest itself in some form of unpleasant behaviour from time to time.
I guess some artists have a greater degree of control over this aspect of their makeup. And for some its the reason they get out of bed.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index