Unsung Forum »
soundtrack 2 hour lives w/e 15/5/2005

74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: soundtrack 2 hour lives w/e 15/5/2005
May 18, 2004, 15:57
Gang Of Four - Solid Gold: Got this for £5 from Fopp. Always been a massive fan of their debut 'Entertainment' but was always put off from this the follow-up due to slightly negative comments/reviews. So I always avoided it incase I felt let down. I have to say it is essential Gang Of Four, though the songs are not quite up to the standard of Entertainment the production of some of the grooves is Killer. Apart from Entertainment you won't find a better post-punk Marxist Album.

Magazine - The Correct Use Of Soap: John Mcgeoch's guitar at it's poppiest & shiniest & shimmeriest (as was Devoto's muse).

Front 242 - UP Evil: Got this for £3 from Fopp. Always avoided this one at the time even though in the late 80s/early 90s I was a bit of fan of the Godfathers of EBM. This album was well-overproduced. It contained some good songs though it is no where near as good as 'Off', the other album they released in '93. If you are a fan of electronic music/IDM I'd check out 'Off' which I still rate as a really good album.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index