soundtrack 2 hour lives w/e 15/5/2005

74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: soundtrack 2 hour lives w/e 15/5/2005
May 17, 2004, 19:45
Magma -- MDK & Wurdah Itah & my own mix CDR of highlights from early albums & singles & such. "Klaus Kombalad" is a great single, just realized it's a development of the opening riff from "Riah Sahiltaahk" off of "1001 Degrees." The single (c. 1972) sounds like the new Stereolab album crossed with "Carnival in Babylon", it's great! Paging Sethman: there's them Magma singles that U-need to get to reviewing ("Mekanik Machine" too!)

Dr. John -- compilation of early stuff. Soooo cool. I wish it were easier to find more of his early 70's albums (the gris-gris one seems to be the only one from that heavy voodoo period that's easy to get.)

Mike Oldfield -- Rainbow Dome Musik -- I remember liking it while I was listening to it, but really don't remember anything about it a few days later! Aural wallpaper, which is not intended as an insult.

Mission of Burma -- ONoffON -- is great, like you care!

Did the radio show on Friday and played Sonny's "Pammie's on a Bummer" (dedicated to the college dropouts, since the U just had graduation), which I knew was going to be one of those records that generated a lot of phone calls (and it did.) ;-)

Looking forward to seeing Southern Culture On The Skids, The Paybacks & Tortoise in the upcoming week!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index