soundtrack 2 hour lives w/e 15/5/2005

74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Re: soundtrack 2 hour lives w/e 15/5/2005
May 16, 2004, 18:56
Hey PMM, I've been grooving to Antonin Dvorak too - not the New World symphony, but the Seventh one, in the awesome Kubelik/Berlin Phil recording recommended on CD Review's 'Building A Library' yesterday morning. Truly intense stuff. But I've also been listening to:

Moby Grape 'Crosstalk - The Best Of Moby Grape' which I am ashamed to say is my first Grape purchase. It won't be the last on the strength of this, and the first two albums are winking provocatively at me;

Cinerama 'Get Up And Go' - interesting DVD (if you will) rockumentary about my fave band of the moment. Would have been better with more live footage, talking of which...

Cinerama 'Live In Belfast' - proving more than the studio releases that Gedge can't technically sing as such, but, like Neil Young, the noises he does make sound most appealing and perfect for the material on offer. And what material;

Lefty Frizzell 'Life's Like Poetry' - country's most divine and influential vocalist lived fast and died young(ish) but not before leaving behind a monumental recorded legacy, captured completely in this big and beautiful Bear Family box set. Johnny Cash aside, nobody did it better;

Tim Buckley 'Starsailor' - my, this is a tough nut to crack;

Tangering Dream 'Alpha Centauri' - which even the kacky Castle transfer of a few years back can't prevent from filling my room with burblings and gurglings of joy;

and

Deep Purple 'Machine Head' - which may or may not be the most perfect hard rock album ever made. And hey, 'Never Before' proves the band got well funky long before Hughes, Coverdale and Bolin got in on the action. Lush, 'specially in quad.

S'about it.

It's bad when it's thataway, and it's thataway now..

Dave W x x x x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index