Jihadists meet satire with bullets

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Jihadists meet satire with bullets
Jan 14, 2015, 10:51
Heh. Muhammed did that go into the desert and get divine revelations thang, but he came back from it steaming and crazy. That said, all those quotes are confined to one single section of the Qur'an, and before and after it are as many pacifistic quotes. You know, it's a giddy bit of contradictory, ill-planned prose, like the Bible. You really reckon anyone who's tampered with their "rod and stones" deserves immediate death? God apparently does.

Anyway, I've had this conversation with you before, and I'll repeat:- it's not black people shooting each other up in South-Central L.A., it's poor people; it's not Africans blah blah, it's poor people. You've chosen to zero in on their religion, or their colour (in the past), but there's a particular kind of poverty that breeds desperation. It's that which is constantly exposed to the greener grass, just out of reach. This never used to be the case, and the world was a much happier place because of it. People in these poorer countries had simple goals, which could be realised. Capitalism's greatest tool is its ability to plant the question "Would I be happier if I had that?" into heretofore content people's minds. Like in 1984, these people often end up in thrall to a leader stepping out of the middle-classes and pretending to be their inner-voice made real (Bin Laden actually went to an expensive English-language private school with Dom Joly from Trigger Happy TV!). Would that there weren't such an informational apartheid in the U.S., in which everyone can watch their respective highly-slanted editorialised news sources, which come pre-packaged with exactly how they ought to react to the information they're receiving. England suffers from it greatly, too, but even supposed liberals like Lawrence and Dave instantly went to the "They don't even deserve hell" place earlier on in this thread. There's definitely something awry with the news industry out there.

The rhetoric you've exhibited today, Mr. Getouttadodge, makes you a much closer kindred spirit to the militants you loathe than you are to me, or to most of the rest of us who've posted on this thread. That's the thing with warfare. The soldiers on both sides tend to have much more in common with each other than they do to the civilians back home, or the ones near the battleground who swallow most of the lead they fire back and forth at each other.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index