the doubting vegan

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Razor Penguin
84 posts

Re: Iron, B12
Sep 21, 2000, 00:37
Hi, Merrick,

As far as I know the jury is still out on whether plant sources of B12 can be drawn on by the human body. If they can't, then vegans will have to supplement with animal sources.

I agree with you that we are not naturally carnivores. We are naturally omnivores, which is what I said in my post, meaning we get some of our nutrients from animals & some from plants.

And I strongly disagree with the current popular & scientific wisdom that says animal products & their fats are inherently unhealthy & cause cancer. Cancer is primarily a result of toxic overload in the body; once the liver can no longer cope with the onslaught, the toxins spill into the bloodstream & eventually cause cancer. Nowhere in your diet can you find a greater variety of toxic chemicals in high concentrations than in animal fat. That's why I eat only organic meats. And someone who eats only meat is asking for it, because virtually all of the detoxifying elements in our food come from plants. They are our best protection against cancer.

U-Know! Forum Index