Register
U-Know! Forum »
Do away with the Dough!

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Change won't oneday fall from the sky!
Jun 25, 2002, 16:14
Try Aristotles thesis on politics. 'The problem with money is people will see that it's sole purpose is to hoard it without end' or similar, he said, roundabout the time currency was first emerging. Naturally, this can said to be true of any resource. So the order of the day, to prevent greed, will probably have to be a mixture of big baseball bats, attitude readjustments and a brainwashed sense of social responsibility ;). I have no answers, I think about this a lot.

The models based on collectivism (anarchy form) to some extent wll always force a denial of some technology (back to the land, and we'll all get about on horses maaan!!), which I think is a bad thing. Soviet style mini communisms feeding into a great democratically responsible whole is the only thing I see as a possible working method.

Such. You vote for your farmer, distributor, manager, street party organiser etc, etc. Full accountability of those who have control, by those who they control. If their being greedy the opportunity to 'capitalise' on their position will be removed by a vote of those ppl it affects.

Rhiannon : By growth I mean expansion thru exploitation, intensive methods, industrialisation and technology. not, in itself a bad thing, but usually very greed motivated from feudalism thru to current systems. I mean, if it wasn't for capitalism we wouldnt have our own Computers, Washing Machines, one house per family etc, etc. As Engels said we are units of consumption as well as production, well, he sadi the family was. We'd still be little consumption/production units under, say, an Anarchist Communist system. But we'd be efficient ones that don't overproduce (the only reason to overproduce is to generate profit), or overconsume (which we have to do to under capitalism)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index