Do away with the Dough!

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StarryEyes
StarryEyes
46 posts

Re: Do away with the Dough!
Jun 23, 2002, 10:35
I think it was on BBC1 (Watchdog or something like that, pretty reputable / reliable) that I heard that one fifth of food produced in the UK is destroyed; a quarter in the USA. Make of that what you will.

Maybe I'm being naive but, knowing the down side of human nature, the basic system of capitalism would work in theory - after all it's only an extension of the trade system which has existed for thousands of years. But humans being humans, there's always abuse. I think - without sounding too citizen smith - that some kind of revolution is inevitable and necessary.

Good point (of course) about attacking GM food production - maybe one way forward to effectively attack individual parts of the 'system' - a gradual crumbling of its sad edifice. Should sneakily make those who resent change happier without them even realising. Maybe.....

Freedom in small bites is preferable to the other option, which I seem to think is inevitable most of the time - that we'll bring destruction or disaster upon ourselves as a race. With 'our' wanton greed and laziness and the destruction we reek, one line from The Matrix seems particularly appropriate 'Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony'. Yep, so who'll be the one to bite a chunk out of our collective ass?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index