Register
U-Know! Forum »
Do away with the Dough!

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Change won't oneday fall from the sky!
Jun 25, 2002, 14:46
>> the trouble with vouchers for goods is they can just become a new form of money. Ther will be no need for rationing, especially for items of basic needs.
<<

Exactly. Glad you agree that this would be a shit idea. In my statement I was taking into account that greed is inherent in mankind - and I truly believe it is - therefor my arguments come into play because there will always be greed no matter what social structure (or non-structure) you have.

We got into this current capitalist state of affairs through greed. It did not breed the initial greed.

By the same argument I don't believe that you can say that greed will disappear once you desolve a capitalist system.

There will always be a greedy element to society and once they do not have to grred for money they will go for something else because it's in their nature.

Will it become a crime to be greedy? If so what is the punishment to be?

Like yourself I would love to see a world free of these things (suffering and hunger and such) and offer these points for discussion because these issues bother me and (I think) stand in the way of progress towards me ever being able to say ... "this is a good way to exist".
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index